This Policy has been written in accordance of the 1998 Data Protection act and updated in accordance with the requirements of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018.
Please also refer to the Terms and Conditions which we are also used to govern this website.
What is La Ola Spanish?
La Ola (“www.laolaspanish.com”) is a website which lists Spanish activities and sells resources, books and classes for children and adults; it’s aimed at Parents and Legal Guardians looking for Spanish classes/activities to do with their babies and toddlers. Parents who need Spanish tutoring for their children or adults looking for Spanish activities, classes or tuition.
Who provides the Services and controls my information?
La Ola is operated and provided to you by La Ola Spanish Ltd. For the purposes of EU data protection law, La Ola Spanish Ltd is your data controller and data processor.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
La Ola may collect and use the following kinds of personal information from you and with your permission:
- Information that a Parent/Legal Guardian/Adult provides for the purpose of registering with La Ola for booking classes (name, email, address, phone)
- Parents/Legal Guardians/Adult login details (username and password)
- Information that Parents/Legal Guardians/Adult provide when subscribing to a newsletter (name, email and postcode)
- Information that Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults provide when booking a class through La Ola (name, email, phone, child’s name, child’s age, child’s gender, any other useful information (eg allergies)
- Stripe account reference number of Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults if paying for classes through La Ola booking system
How we use your information
La Ola may use the information it collects to:
- Remind Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults when their class information becomes out of date
- Supply to Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults services that they have purchased;
- Send to parents/legal guardians/adults invoices;
- Collect payments for our services;
- Provide a secure web account to Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults where they can book classes
- Personalise the website for Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults who are searching for Spanish classes or other services;
- Send Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults marketing messages if you have opted in to receive them; and
- Improve our products and services by analysing interaction and user data.
- Optimise and improve our marketing campaigns.
- Respond to requests by government or law enforcement agencies, and meet legal regulatory and compliance obligation, to the extent we are required to by the law.
NHS Track & Trace
To help prevent the spread of Covid19, if requested, your contact details will be provided to NHS Track and Trace within a 21 day period of attending any class booked via La Ola. If you do not wish for your contact details to be shared in this way, you must notify firstname.lastname@example.org before your class takes place.
Data about minors (under-16’s)
When a Parent/Legal Guardian books a class, we ask you to provide some details about the child for the only purpose of ensuring that the class is within the specified age range for the class, for tracking payment and to create a class register. We do not communicate directly with the minor through the website.
Our legal bases for collecting, using, sharing and otherwise processing your information
La Ola will only collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you for the purposes described in this policy where legally permitted. These legal bases include:
- For La Ola to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- For La Ola to comply with a contractual obligation with you
- Where you have made the information manifestly public;
- Where you have given consent; and
- Where necessary for the purposes of La Ola or a third party’s legitimate interests.
Legitimate Interests include:
La Ola’s legitimate interest in processing your data are:
- To improve and develop our services for parents/legal guardians/adults; and
- To provide a seamless experience when you join La Ola either as a Parents/Legal Guardians or Adult
You benefit from a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below.
Parents/Legal Guardians and Adults students who require additional information, email us at email@example.com to request a copy of your information. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete.
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your La Ola information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will rectify, restrict, limit or delete your information as requested.
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent to email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in such communications. If you withdraw your consent to the use of your information for purposes set out in this Policy, you may not have access to all (or any) of our Services and we might not be able to provide you all (or any) of our Services. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (or ICO) at www.ico.org.uk, but we would be grateful if you would contact us first so we can try to resolve it by emailing La Ola on email.
Sharing your Data
In case we need to share your information with other third parties where it is necessary to provide the Services, or for any other purposes described in the Policy. We will only work with third parties that are also undertaking steps towards GDPR compliance themselves and will be compliant by 25th May 2018 and we have undertaken a check for each third party we work with.
Marketing and spam.
We know that you do not want spam or marketing calls from third parties, so we will never sell or rent your contact information to third parties, and we won’t share it with a third party unless we have your authorisation.
Securing your data
La Ola Spanish Ltd will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.You acknowledge that the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee security of data sent over the internet. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. La Ola is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Data Retention Policy
This policy was last updated: 1st September 2020 in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018.
La Ola have created this policy to demonstrate its commitment to data security and the storage of data only for as long as is required.
Definition of “data”
For the purposes of this document, when we talk of “data” we refer to Parent/Legal Guardian/ Adults data which has been inputted into La Ola by the Parent/ Legal Guardian or adults wishing to buy any of the services/items we provide.
Lastly we refer to Parent/Legal Guardian/Adult data which has been shared with us, with consent, by the participants who wish to receive our newsletter.
Data retention periods
La Ola commits to retain personal data only for as long as is necessary, which is a requirement of law. For accounting and tax purposes, we keep data for 7 years.
As “Data Controller”, La Ola is responsible for all the data it stores and has responsibility for keeping it secure. La Ola has determined the following retention period:
- Parents/Legal Guardians/Adults can upload their data to La Ola through the booking system. While the Parent/Legal Guardian/Adults is actively attending classes, it will remain on the database.
- If a Parent/Legal Guardian has not logged into the booking system within 7 years, they will be removed from the database (to comply with accounting and tax purposes).
- Parents/Legal Guardian or adult email data is also stored in an Email Service Provider. They are able to unsubscribe from the newsletter. Anyone who has unsubscribed for 1 year can then be deleted.
- If a Parent/Legal Guardian or adult requests that La Ola delete their data on their behalf at any time, these are actioned within 24 hours and all data relating to this customer is removed from all systems where it is stored with the exception of any payment records which need to be kept for 7 years.
- Once data has been deleted, it cannot be retrieved
If you require any further information related to this policy, please contact La Ola using the below contact details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9-4pm. Please note that national holidays may affect our hours.
Contact La Ola
La Ola xxxx Ltd, Address, London, England, EC1V 2NX